John Everett Millais , Ophelia 1851-2, oil paint on canvas, Tate collection presented by Sir Henry Tate 1894 © Tate
Discover a stunning world of Love & Desire as the Tate’s Pre-Raphaelite masterpieces visit Australia for summer’s most romantic blockbuster exhibition hosted at the National Gallery of Australia. Fall in love with 40 of the Tate’s most famous and best-loved works, alongside 40 loans from other British and Australian collections.
Curated by Alison Smith, Tate Britain’s lead Curator of 19th century British Art, Love and Desire features works such as Sir John Everett Millais’ beloved Ophelia (1851–52), William Holman Hunt’s Awakening Conscience (1853) and Dante Gabriel Rosetti’s Proserpine (1874), in what is a stunning survey of the Pre-Raphaelite movement. Experience the breathtaking beauty of brilliant colour, meticulous detail and exquisite layering in paintings inspired by the great love stories of history and literature. These masterpieces have never been seen in Australia before and the exhibition truly represents a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Abode Hotels Love & Desire Package includes 2 adult tickets to the exhibition, a complimentary bottle of red wine, late checkout (12pm), free and unlimited Wi-Fi.
John William Waterhouse, The Lady of Shalott 1888, oil on canvas, Tate © Tate
14 December–22 April 2019
Open daily 10am-5pm
National Gallery of Australia, Parkes
Terms and Conditions:
Travel dates from 07/12/18 – 28/04/19, subject to availability.
Special offers only available during promotional period. Tickets and inclusions not refundable for cash.
- Rates are per room / per night and room only, unless otherwise specified.
- Inclusions can’t be exchanged for cash.
- Rates are non-commissionable unless otherwise specified.
- Rates are valid for individual reservations of up to 9 rooms per night.
- 10 rooms or more booked together will be considered as a group booking. Group Bookings have separate cancellation and payment policies. Group booking Terms and conditions available on request.
- Rates are for individual reservations only; single or double occupancy.
- Rates are not available over special event dates or on the night that the Federal Budget is delivered (May 2018).
- The rates quoted include GST (the 10% Goods & Services Tax applied in Australia).
- Rates may increase without notice due to changes in, or imposition of government taxes and levies.
- All rates are subject to availability and yield restrictions.
- Preferred payment is via credit card.
- Book direct/charge back options are available after completing a credit application. Invoices must be paid within 30 days of issue.
- All cancellations/amendments are to be made 2pm AEST the day prior to the arrival or will be subject to one nights’ accommodation charge.
- Any no-show bookings will be charged one nights’ accommodation.