Thinking about planning a trip to the snow this ski season? Turn that thinking into planning! At Abode Hotels, we’ve compiled the very best ski resorts in New South Wales. Plus, the best places to stop and refuel whilst you’re on the slopes.
WHERE TO SKI
- Perisher offers a wide variety of skiing runs, night skiing, firework displays and a snow tube park. Its Discovery Kids learn-to-ski program caters to children aged 3 to 4 years and its Perisher Kids to children aged 5 to 14. Older children can also take a crash-course with a 3-hour group lesson.
- Selwyn Snowfields has exceptionally low prices and introduces children to the snow as early as 18 months through its Mini Mites, Mighty Mites and Mega Mites programs.
- Thredbo provides dedicated beginners’ slopes and a range of outdoor snow activities for all ages. The resort’s alpine village also has a 50-metre heated pool with waterslide and Australia’s longest runs and offers catered full and half-day ‘Thredboland’ programs that entertain and teach skiing to children aged 4 to 6.
- Charlotte Pass is one of NSW’s smaller ski resorts and offers a beginners’ area with snow tube park as well as daytime and evening children’s activities. Its all-day kids’ ski program caters to 3-12 year olds and includes beginner to intermediate lessons, a hot lunch and indoor activities.
WHERE TO EAT
Snowgums at Perisher has a fireplace to relax by after a day on the slopes and offers spectacular views of the snowfields. ‘In Jindabyne, Bacco Italian serves traditional and gourmet pizza and pasta the kids will love and the always busy Sundance Bakehouse is pure pie heaven – pick one up for breakfast. The Bowlo Bistro provides good-value family dining at the end of the day with a salad and vegetable buffet. Located at the top of Snowgums Chairlift just off the top of the Crackenback Supertrail in Thredbo, Black Sallees serves a hearty winter bistro-style menu fast, so you can eat then be back on the slopes before you know it. Also perched high above Thredbo Village, at the top of the Kosciuszko Express Chairlift, is Eagles Nest, Australia’s highest restaurant, serving warm winter fare with a side of live music on Thursdays and Saturdays.
Start planning your snow trip this season! Abode Hotels is the perfect place to stay, when travelling to or from the snow. Our flexible,self-contained rooms, fully equipped with kitchenettes and washer and dryers will make your stay as comfortable as possible.. Book our Ski Stopover Package, which includes:
- Accommodation in a spacious studio apartment with a discounted room rate
- Two Abode Hotels thermal mugs accompanied by hot chocolate sachets
- Bottled water
- Unlimited Free Wi-Fi
- Free Parking*
*Terms and conditions: Travel dates from 01/06/18 – 09/09/18, subject to availability. Special offers only available during the promotional period. Tickets and inclusions not refundable for cash. Free parking is not available at Abode Woden is subject to availability.