Planning a snow trip this season? At Abode Hotels we want to make sure your trip is convenient as possible. That’s why we have compiled our top six snow trip tips this ski season:
(1) Save money by looking out for ‘kids-ski-free’ resort deals in June and September and borrowing ski gear from friends and family.
(2) Hire your ski gear in Canberra, Cooma or Jindabyne rather than in the resorts – it’s cheaper and by booking in advance you’ll make sure you get the sizes you need.
(3) Choose to ski at a resort that has a kids’ ski school or day program as well as a variety of restaurants within easy reach of the snowfield.
(4) Check the road conditions at Live Traffic NSW. If you’re driving a two-wheel-drive vehicle between the June and October long weekends, it is compulsory to carry properly- fitted snow chains. Hire these in Canberra or Jindabyne.
(5) Rest and revive and save money by shopping for food in Cooma and packing daily lunch boxes.
(6) Stay warm and safe and never travel alone. More about alpine safety can be found on the NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service website.
Ready to plan your trip? Abode Hotels is the perfect place to stay, when travelling to or from the snow. Our flexible,self-contained rooms, fully equipped with kitchenettes and washer and dryers will make your stay as comfortable as possible. Book our Ski Stopover Package, which includes:
- Accommodation in a spacious studio apartment with a discounted room rate
- Two Abode Hotels thermal mugs accompanied by hot chocolate sachets
- Bottled water
- Unlimited Free Wi-Fi
- Free Parking*
*Terms and conditions: Travel dates from 01/06/18 – 09/09/18, subject to availability. Special offers only available during the promotional period. Tickets and inclusions not refundable for cash. Free parking is not available at Abode Woden is subject to availability.